November 02, 2007

On Location in Dana Point

So when I was down in OC last weekend for Bryn's birthday I decided to take the opportunity to get some location shots in for the book I'm trying to write. I thought maybe visiting the places I was trying to describe in writing would be inspirational.

Well, the inspiration bit remains to be seen, but I do know that I kicked my own ass while hiking the Niguel Hill-to-Aliso Peak trail up above Laguna Beach. I was highly irresponsible, walking a semi-familiar trail with little water while there was still smoke in the air from nearby fires, and so as a result I was completely exhausted about a third of the way back up the trail. There was a water fountain at the trail head, but by the time I got back to Bryn's San Clemente apartment I was ready to get drunk and stupid.

Anyway, I also went to Strands and the harbor, as there are a few scenes there as well, so below are some location shots of the trail, the beach, and the harbor pier:



Oh, and I also turned 31 today. Happy birthday to me. I think I'll finally get a digital camera.

1 comment:

  1. I don't come by as often as I should., it's good to see you're out and about heh

    Happy bday, Kier <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails